Colchester Sheet Metal Fabrication
Sheet Metal Fabrication throughout Colchester
With over 50 years of experience, Akramatic has continued to provide high-quality sub-contract sheet metal work, structural steelwork, and stainless steel fabrication throughout Colchester and the UK. We use our in-house facilities to provide a huge variety of high-quality products and services. These services range from fine limit sheet metal work to medium-sized fabrication, mig & tig welding, and powder coating.
We will provide bespoke fabrication services using CAD/CAM technology, inventor software, CNC machinery, laser cutting, sheet metal folding, and much more. We also have a huge team of highly trained welders that will be on hand to help through the entire process.
What is Sheet Metal Fabrication?
Sheet metal fabrication is the process of cutting, bending, rolling, and punching flat sheet metal into solid metal structures. It can create products like railings, balustrades, handrails, and other metal products.
Metal Fabrication Services Offered Throughout London
While based in Derbyshire, we are experienced providers in high-quality sheet metal services throughout the UK and have been for decades. Now we have brought our services to Colchester, Essex.
- Sheet Metal Rolling – Sheet metal rolling is the process of passing metal sheets through a sequence of carefully calibrated rollers, rolling them into your specified size and shape. Here at Akramatic, we offer an unparalleled sheet metal rolling service. We can craft a huge range of sheets from just a few millimetres, up to 1700mm.
- Sheet Metal Folding – Sheet metal folding is the process of applying one or more bends to a metal sheet by holding the sheet still at one point and subsequently applying pressure to a separate area until it folds. Our experienced team are experts thanks to their years of experience. We pride ourselves on rapid turnaround times and competitive prices.
- CNC Punching – Computer numerically controlled (CNC) is a process carried out by a CNC punch press. The machine is programmed to move the metal sheet across an x and y-axis to accurately position the sheet under the machine punching ram. We have been providing CNC punching services since 1967, we have truly specialised knowledge and workmanship to execute the highest quality metal punching.
- Laser Cutting & Profiling – Laser cutting and profiling is the technique of measuring and cutting flat metal sheets with a laser for the most precise accuracy to ensure surface quality levels meet tight tolerances. Our industry-leading machines cut large sheets of flat metal with unrivalled speed and accuracy.
- CAD/CAM Design – CAD/CAM design is the process of designing and engineering sheet metal into products and structures using computers to accurately draw out the designs. We use state of the art CAD/CAM software to efficiently take customer sheet metal drawings through to production.
Industries We Can Help
Since our creation in 1967, we have been providing sheet metal fabrication services to a huge variety of different industries. We have worked tirelessly throughout Colchester and its surrounding areas to offer the highest quality service. The industries we work with are, but are not limited to;
We supply a huge variety of sheet metal work and fabrication to many of the leading energy companies in the UK. We have assisted in the design and manufacture of numerous components used in various electronic assemblies across both commercial and industrial electronic and power generation sectors.
Products We Can Fabricate
We offer a huge variety of services, with that comes a wide range of products. We are equipped with the latest technology and industry-leading machines, allowing us to create anything from railings, handrails, and balustrades to architectural metalwork, furniture, and more.
Get in Touch
If you are from the Colchester or surrounding Essex areas and have any questions or queries, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and one of our expert team will be sure to help. Our team have years of experience within the field and will do everything they can to ensure your questions are answered correctly and accurately.
AKRAMATIC ENG. CO. LTD.
Keys Road, Nix’s Hill Industrial Estate, Alfreton, Derbyshire DE55 7GN