Derby Sheet Metal Fabrication
Sheet Metal Fabrication throughout Derby
Akramatic has been providing high-quality sub-contract sheet metal, structural steelwork, and stainless steel fabrication work throughout Derby and the United Kingdom with more than 50 years experience. We use our in-house facilities to provide a wide variety of high-quality products and services, ranging from fine limit sheet metal work to medium-sized fabrication, mig & tig welding, and powder coating.
With CAD/CAM technology, inventor software, CNC machinery, laser cutting, sheet metal folding, and more, we can provide bespoke fabrication services for metal. Not to mention that our highly trained team of welders will be there to help you through the entire process.
What is Sheet Metal Fabrication?
Sheet metal fabrication (also referred to as aluminium fabrication and metal fabrication among other names) is the process of cutting, rolling, folding, and punching flat sheets of steel or aluminium metal into solid metal structures or products like builders beams and more. Press brakes are used in sheet metal fabrication projects to help create sharp bends and angles in the metal, which makes the process easier.
Metal Fabrication Services Offered Throughout Derby
While we are based in Alfreton, Derbyshire, we have worked on a wide range of projects throughout Derby and the surrounding areas as well as throughout the rest of the UK.
- Sheet Metal Rolling – Sheet metal rolling is the process of rolling metal sheets into the desired size and shape by passing them through a sequence of precisely calibrated rollers. This is excellent for creating sheet metal cylinders, curved surfaces, or more. We provide an unrivalled sheet metal rolling service, with rolled metal sheets ranging in width from a few millimetres to 1700mm.
- Sheet Metal Folding – Sheet metal folding is the procedure of accurately folding flat sheet metal to create solid metal structures and products using a machine, enabling tiny intricate folds and a wide variety of possible shapes. We provide superior sheet metal folding services with unmatched precision and speed, resulting in remarkably short lead times.
- CNC Punching – CNC punching is the process of taking flat metal sheets and allowing a CNC punching machine to effortlessly move the sheet across an X and Y-axis in order to successfully position the sheet under the machine punching ram in order to cut shapes out of metal sheets. For unrivalled speed, precision, and efficiency, our facilities offer industry-leading CNC punching services.
- Laser Cutting & Profiling – Laser cutting and profiling is the technique of measuring and cutting flat metal sheets with a laser for remarkable accuracy in industrial operating conditions to ensure surface and geometry quality levels with very tight tolerances. Our industry-leading laser cutting and profiling machines can cut large sheets of flat metal with amazing accuracy, speed, and consistency, and can manage batch sizes ranging from a few single parts to thousands.
- CAD/CAM Design – CAD/CAM design is the process of designing and engineering sheet metal into products and structures using a computer to draw out designs with extreme accuracy. We can use CAD/CAM design software to efficiently take customers’ sheet metal drawings from concept to completion.
Industries We Can Help
Since 1967, we’ve been providing sheet metal fabrication and steelwork services to a wide range of industries. We have worked extensively throughout Derby during this time, providing high-quality sub-contract sheet metal and steel fabrication. We work with the following industries on a regular basis:
For more than half a century, we’ve been designing and manufacturing steel HVAC chilled beams (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning). These are specifically designed to bring quality and maximum comfort into a structure. Our components can be made to fit into existing ductwork or to be made to fit into custom ductwork.
We supply a diverse range of sheet metal work and metalwork fabrication to many of the UK’s leading energy companies. In both the commercial and industrial electronic and power generation sectors, we have assisted in the design and manufacture of various components used in various electronic assemblies.
Products We Can Fabricate
During our time in the industry, we’ve worked on everything from railings, handrails, and balustrades to architectural metalwork, furniture, and more. We have the most up-to-date sheet metal fabrication and welding equipment.
Based in Derby? Get in Touch
Based around Derby yourself? Please do not hesitate to contact our knowledgeable team if you have any questions or concerns. Our team consists of industry experts who will do everything possible to ensure that your questions are answered correctly and completely.
AKRAMATIC ENG. CO. LTD.
Keys Road, Nix’s Hill Industrial Estate, Alfreton, Derbyshire DE55 7GN