Glasgow Sheet Metal Fabrication
Sheet Metal Fabrication throughout Glasgow
At Akramatic Engineering we have provided high-quality sub-contract sheet metal work, structural steelwork, and stainless steel fabrication in the UK for over 50 years. Our brilliant in-house facilities help us to provide a wide variety of products and services. These services range from fine limit sheet metal work, mig & tig welding to powder coating and medium-sized fabrication.
We will provide bespoke fabrication services using CAD/CAM technology, inventor software, CNC machinery, laser cutting, sheet metal folding, and much more. We also have a huge team of highly experienced welders that will be on hand at all times to help through the process.
What is Sheet Metal Fabrication?
Sheet metal fabrication (also known as mild steel or aluminium fabrication) is the process of cutting, bending, rolling, and punching flat sheet metal into solid metal structures. It can create products like railings, balustrades, handrails, and other metal products.
Metal Fabrication Services Offered Throughout Scotland
While based in Derbyshire, we are experienced providers in high-quality sheet metal services throughout the UK and have been for decades. Now we have brought our services to Glasgow, also its surrounding Ibrox, Paisley and Cambuslang areas.
- Sheet Metal Rolling – Sheet metal rolling is the process of passing metal sheets through a sequence of carefully calibrated rollers and then rolling them into a specified size and shape. At Akramatic Engineering, we offer unparalleled sheet metal rolling services. We can craft a huge range of sheets from just a few millimetres, up to 1700mm. So whatever it is you are looking for, we have you covered.
- Sheet Metal Folding – Sheet metal folding is the process of applying one or more bends to a metal sheet by holding the sheet still at one point and subsequently applying pressure to a separate area until it folds. Our highly experienced team are experts in the field thanks to years of experience. We pride ourselves on rapid turnaround times and competitive prices.
- CNC Punching – Computer numerically controlled (CNC) is a process carried out by a CNC punch press. The machine is programmed to move the metal sheet across an x and y-axis to accurately position the sheet under the machine punching ram. We have been providing unrivalled, top quality CNC punching services since we started in 1967. We have truly specialised knowledge and machinery to execute the highest quality metal punching.
- Laser Cutting & Profiling – Laser cutting and profiling is the technique of measuring and cutting flat metal sheets with a laser for the most precise accuracy to ensure surfaces quality levels meet tight tolerances and our customers’ high standards. Our industry-leading machines cut large sheets of flat metal with unrivalled speed and accuracy.
- CAD/CAM Design – CAD/CAM design is the process of designing and engineering sheet metal into products and structures using computers to accurately draw out the designs. We use state of the art CAD/CAM software to efficiently take customer sheet metal drawings through to production.
Industries We Can Help
Our skilled metals fabricators can create a wide range of goods for a variety of sectors. We are proud of our 45,000-square-foot facility and recent substantial improvements that have allowed us to increase our capacity to service the entire fabrication sector.
We supply a huge variety of sheet metal work and fabrication to many of the UK’s leading energy companies. We have continued to assist in the design and manufacture process of numerous components used in various electronic assemblies across both commercial and industrial electronic and power generation sectors.
Products We Can Fabricate
We offer a huge variety of services, with that comes a huge variety of products. We are equipped with the latest state-of-the-art technology and industry-leading machines, allowing us to create anything from railings, handrails, and balustrades to architectural metalwork, furniture, and more.
From Prototypes To Mass Production, You Can Count On Akramatic
Over the last few years, we have continued to invest in the latest machines and software. Using computer-aided design (CAD) and manufacturing (CAM), we have the unique ability to manufacture parts with the most intricate levels of precision possible. The services that we offer truly have never been quicker, more affordable and more accurate while maintaining such high quality.
Glasgow, Get in Touch
If you are from the Glasgow area and have any questions or queries, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and one of our team will be sure to help. Our team are experts within the field and will do everything they can to ensure your questions are answered correctly and accurately.
AKRAMATIC ENG. CO. LTD.
Keys Road, Nix’s Hill Industrial Estate, Alfreton, Derbyshire DE55 7GN